How to Upload and Add Images into Joomla 2.5 Articles
Now that you know the basics of creating articles and creating categories, we will now show you how to add an image to an article.
To upload and insert an image into a Joomla 2.5 article:
- Log into your Joomla 2.5 Dashboard
- Open an article for edit or create a new article
- In your WYSIWYG editor, place your cursor where you want the image placed, and then click the Image button
- Under the Upload Files heading, click Browse... to find and select the image on your computer to upload. When the picture is selected, click the Start Upload button
- When the image has been uploaded, you will see it listed in the image browser. Click on the image to select it, type in an Image Description and Image Title, and then click the Insert button in the top right
- You have now added an image to an article! Save the article by clicking Save in the top menu, and then view your article to see how it looks.
New image showing in article editor New image showing in published article
Now that you know how to add images to articles, keep reading to learn how to link to another article within Joomla 2.5.
‹Section 2: Working with Article Categories in Joomla 2.5
›Section 4: How to link to other articles within a Joomla 2.5 article
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!
Writing Articles in Joomla 2.5
2014-10-05 1:29 pm
I have upgraded to Joomla 2.5.17
Since then I cannot upload images ;
exmaple : I have an image of 665kb and when I upload it , it tells me
WARNFILETOOLARGE!! the max size allowed is 10 Mb so there should be no problem,
What can I do?
Thanks for your help!!
2014-10-06 10:47 am
Thank you for your question. I found a post in the Official Joomla Forum, where they are discussing your exact issue: WARNFILETOOLARGE after update to 2.5.17.
Also, I would also use a PHPinfo page to ensure your settings are changing.
If you have any further questions, feel free to post them below.