Registering a New Domain NameWritten by Brad Markle
InMotion Hosting is able to register any available .com, .net, .org, .us, .biz, or .info domain name. Domain registrations are $11.99, and this fee registers a domain name for one full year.
Did you know that whenever a domain name is registered, The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) requires your personal information be published in the WHOIS database? This includes your mailing address, phone number and email address!
With Domain Privacy Protection from InMotion Hosting we will make our information available to the public instead of yours. This can help protect you from potential spammers, telemarketers and even identity thieves. This would cost only an additional $9.99 annually! Otherwise we would have to use the billing information we currently have on file for your account. This is usually the name and address of the person who subscribed for the hosting account initially.
Your name will remain as the registrant contact so that you retain complete ownership of the domain. To register a new domain you will first need to log into AMP. If you need more information about logging into AMP.
Domain Privacy Protection is available with all hosting accounts, including shared hosting, vps hosting, and our dedicated servers.
How do I register a new domain name?
Once you have logged into AMP, click on Domains under "Additional Services."
A new screen will appear asking you for the following information:
- Enter a Domain Name: Here you will put the domain you want to register. Once you type in a domain, click on "Check availability" to see if the domain's available. You will need to register a different domain if the one you chose isn't available.
- Domain Registration: Choose the number of years you want to register the domain
- Add Domain Privacy: For each new domain you register you can also purchase Domain Privacy. Please read this article for more information on Domain Privacy.
- Billing Information: If you want to use your billing information already on file, select it from the drop down. To pay using a different method, select Add New and enter the new billing details.
- Payment Method: Here you can choose / add a new payment method in amp, the credit card already in the system or a new card.
- Terms of Service: You must agree to the Terms of Service to register a new domain. A link is provided with the Terms of Service.
Once you have put in all your information, click the "Submit" button. You have now registered your new domain!