How to reset your Joomla PasswordWritten by Brad Markle
Published: Jan 24, 2012
Last Modified: Aug 2, 2012
If you're forgotten your Joomla password, you can reset it by using phpMyAdmin.
- Log into cPanel and access phpMyAdmin
Note: If you don't have joomla hosting services through InMotion Hosting or your current host does not use cPanel, please contact your current hosting provider for additional information on how to manage your databases.
- Click your joomla database name in the left menu
- Click on the jos_users table in the left menu. If your tables have a prefix other than "jos", find and click on the table that is similar to "_users"
- Find the admin account you need to reset the password for and click the pencil icon to the left of it to edit it.
- Congratulations, you have successfully reset the password for your Joomla user! If you referr to the screenshot above, in our testing we can now login as the "admin" user using "newpassword" as the password.
Like this Article? Tweet
If you need some help, submit your question to our Community!
We guarantee a response within 60 minutes (8am - 9pm EST, Monday - Friday)