321: Installing the bulk import/export extension for OpenCart Products
If you are building a large store with OpenCart, adding products one by one can be long repetitive process. There’s an extension that you can install that will allow you to export your current products in Excel, work offline on adding or editing new products, and importing the spreadsheet to add the new products to your store. This can save valuable time in getting your store operational.
There are some limitations you need to be aware of prior to installing this extension. You must have vQmod installed to use it. If you do not have vQmod installed and want more information about it please see our article on vQmod.
The memory requirements for this extension can be quite high. If you have more than 2,000 products in your store and are on a shared server, this plugin may not be suitable for you to use due to the high memory usage.
Installing the Bulk Import/Export Extension
- Download the extension from here: Bulk Export/ Import Extension for OpenCart. Be sure to scroll down the page and locate the Download tab. Download the one for your particular OpenCart version.
- Extract the files that you just downloaded
- Upload the folders “admin”, “system”, and “vqmod” and their files from the “upload” directory to your root directory of your OpenCart Store using a FTP program.
- Login to your OpenCart Dashboard
- In your OpenCart Dashboard go to: System > Users > Users Group
- Select the Top Administrator and click Edit on the right side.
- Find the entry for tool/export in both Access and Modify dropdown lists and place a check by clicking on their boxes
Now you can use the tool in your dashboard by going to: System > Export/Import
If you need further assistance please feel free to ask a question on our support center.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
Post a Comment
Do you want to publish a tutorial to our support center?