How to change the banner image in Joomla 3.1
In our testing of the blog sample data in Joomla 3.0, we noticed the header image of raindrops on each of the pages. In this tutorial, we'll show you how to change this banner image (as seen in the screenshot to the right) in your Joomla Hosted website.
How is the current header image being displayed?
The raindrops.jpg image in the header, which is 700px by 180px, is not hard coded into the template. It is simply a custom HTML module that shows the image, that is placed in position-3 (learn about finding template positions here).
How can I change the header image?
- Log into your Joomla 3.0 administrative dashboard
- In the top menu, click Extensions and then click Module Manager
- Find and click on the Image module. By default, it is in position-3 and is a Custom HTML module.
- Click the Custom Output tab.
- As there is already an image here, click the image within the editor, and then click the Image button under the editor.
- Using the media manager that shows up, either browse for an existing image towards the top of the media manager, or scroll down to the bottom of the media manager and upload a new image. After selecting the image, click the Insert button at the top right. You will be brought back to the editor, where you will then see your new image show. Click Save in the top left.
In our testing, we navigated to the headers folder and selected the maple.jpg image.
Joomla Community Google+ Hangout #3
June 3rd, 2014
Thank you @RustyJoomla for letting me speak on the Joomla Community Google+ Hangout!
Support Center Login
Social Media Login
How to Blog using Joomla 3
Working with Blog Posts
|1.||How to write a blog post in Joomla 3.1|
|2.||How to add a Read more button in Joomla 3.1|
Working with the Header / Banner Images
|3.||How to change the banner image in Joomla 3.1|
|4.||How to hide the banner image in Joomla 3.1|
|5.||Change the number of articles on your Joomla 3.1 frontpage|
|6.||Showing Articles in Columns on the Joomla 3.1 frontpage|
|7.||Changing the number of links on the Joomla 3.1 frontpage|
|8.||Joomla 3.1 frontpage article order|
Sidebar Modules and Widgets
|9.||Configuring Older Posts in Joomla 3.1|
|10.||Working with the BlogRoll module in Joomla 3.1|
|11.||Working with the Most Read Posts module in Joomla 3.1|
2015-01-01 1:55 am
Not much, I found it easy to use and the important part is what I did following your instructions worked!