In this tutorial, Installing a Joomla 3.0 template, we will be installing the Joomla 3.0 template that we created. The steps in this tutorial apply regardless of whether you are installing a Joomla 3 template that you've created yourself or downloaded from the internet.
Installation steps for a Joomla 3.0 Template
- Log into your Joomla 3.0 admin dashboard.
- In the top menu, hover over Extensions and then click Extension Manager.
- Under the Upload Package File heading, click the Browse button.
- Find and select the Joomla 3.0 template on your computer, and then click the Upload & Install button.
When the template has been successfully installed, you should see the success message to the right.
Even though our template has been installed, it is not yet the template designated for our site. Our next step will be to change the site template used by Joomla 3.0
2013-10-18 7:58 am EST
This error can be caused by a few reasons.
1) The theme that you are trying to install is for an older version of Joomla and is not compatible with the version of Joomla that you are on.
2) The permissions for the XML file within the theme has incorrect permissions. Try changing them to 755.
3) The XML file for the theme that you are trying to install has a coding error within the XML file.
If you have looked through all of these options and are still having trouble, I recommend speaking with the developer of that theme as they may be able to point you in the right direction.