How to Hide Article Categories in Joomla 3.1
When viewing articles in Joomla 3.0, the default behavior is to show the category the article belongs to. This is useful for your visitors. If they are interested in a particular article, they can click the category link to view other articles within the category.
Joomla 3.0 has an option you can use to toggle whether or not the category is shown to users. This setting is referred to as Show Category, and the following description is given:
If set to Show, the title of the article's category will show.
Hiding Article Categories in Joomla 3.0:
- Log into your Joomla 3.0 admin dashboard
- In the top menu, click Content and then click Article Manager
- You will then see a list of articles on the screen. Click the title of the article that you want to adjust the category setting for.
- In the list of tabs above the article, click the Article Options tab
- Next to the setting labeled Show Category, click either Use Global, No, or Yes. Then, click Save in the top left menu.
You can see in the screenshots below how this setting will affect your article:
Show Category: Hide Show Category: Show
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!
Joomla Community Google+ Hangout #3
June 3rd, 2014
Thank you @RustyJoomla for letting me speak on the Joomla Community Google+ Hangout!