How to create a Smart Search Module in Joomla 2.5
In previous articles, we showed you how to enable Smart Search in Joomla 2.5 and how to index your content for the new search. In order to put Smart Search on your website, you need to create a Smart Search module. In this Joomla 2.5 tutorial, we'll walk you through those steps.
Creating a Joomla 2.5 Smart Search Module:
- Log into your Joomla 2.5 Dashboard
- In the top menu, hover over Extensions and click Module Manager
- Click the New button in the top right menu
- From the Select a Module Type list, click the Smart Search Module link
- Type in a title, select a position for the module, and then click Save & Close
When you visit your Joomla 2.5 website, your Smart Search Module will now show!
‹Section 2: Index Content for Joomla 2.5 Smart Search
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!
Joomla Community Google+ Hangout #3
June 3rd, 2014
Thank you @RustyJoomla for letting me speak on the Joomla Community Google+ Hangout!
Setting up and Configuring Joomla 2.5 Smart Search
|1.||Enable Smart Search in Joomla 2.5|
|2.||Index Content for Joomla 2.5 Smart Search|
|3.||How to create a Smart Search Module in Joomla 2.5|