Joomla 2.5 backup - Creating your first Akeeba BackupWritten by Brad Markle
To backup your Joomla 2.5 website using Akeeba Backup:
- Log into your Joomla 2.5 Dashboard
- In the top menu, hover over Extensions and click Akeeba Backup
- In the Akeeba Backup menu, click Backup Now
- Choose your Active Profile, adjust the Short description if you wish, enter a backup comment (see screenshot below), and then click Backup Now!
- The backup process will begin, and a progress meter will be shown at the bottom of the page.
You will receive a message when the backup process has been completed:
- At this point, you have successfully created a Joomla 2.5 backup using the Akeeba Backup component! In future tutorials, we'll show you how to restore your site from this backup.
Like this Article? Tweet
Backing up your Joomla 2.5 website
|1.||Joomla 2.5 Backup - Installing Akeeba Backup|
|2.||Joomla 2.5 backup - Akeeba Backup Post-installation configuration|
|3.||Joomla 2.5 backup - Creating your first Akeeba Backup|
|4.||Joomla 2.5 backup - Downloading a copy of your Akeeba Backup|
If you need some help, submit your question to our Community!
We guarantee a response within 60 minutes (8am - 9pm EST, Monday - Friday)