Joomla 2.5 backup - Creating your first Akeeba Backup
Written by Brad Markle
Published: Apr 5, 2012
To backup your Joomla 2.5 website using Akeeba Backup:
- Log into your Joomla 2.5 Dashboard
- In the top menu, hover over Extensions and click Akeeba Backup
- In the Akeeba Backup menu, click Backup Now
- Choose your Active Profile, adjust the Short description if you wish, enter a backup comment (see screenshot below), and then click Backup Now!
- The backup process will begin, and a progress meter will be shown at the bottom of the page.
You will receive a message when the backup process has been completed:
- At this point, you have successfully created a Joomla 2.5 backup using the Akeeba Backup component! In future tutorials, we'll show you how to restore your site from this backup.
Did you find this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!
Would you like to provide any additional feedback?
Optional, but our team may contact you for more information.
Like this Article? Tweet
Backing up your Joomla 2.5 website
Here are a few questions related to this article that our customers have asked:
Ooops! It looks like there are no questions about this page.
Would you like to ask a question about this page? If so, click the button below!