How to add an IFRAME to a Joomla 2.5 article
The default settings in the Joomla 2.5 article editor will strip iframe tags out of the page. If you're having trouble inserting an iframe into an article, this is most likely why. Removing iframes from articles is done as a security measure for your hosting account and your site visitors, as it attempts to prevent any hidden iframes (or visible iframes for the matter) that could potentially load a malicious website.
One way to prevent the stripping of these iframes to is update your editor's settings to allow the iframe. These steps vary by editor, and in this article we'll show you how to allow iframes within Joomla 2.5's default TinyMCE editor.
We'll also show you how to allow an iframe via the global text filters section of Joomla.
Allow iframes with TinyMCE editor
- Log into your Joomla 2.5 Admin
- In the top menu, hover over Extensions and click Plug-in Manager
- From the Select Type filter, choose editors
- From the list of editors, click on Editor - TinyMCE
- From the list of Basic Options, remove iframe from Prohibited Elements
- Click Save in the top right menu. Now that you have removed iframes from the prohibited elements setting, you can add iframes to your articles and they should not be taken out.
Allow iframes with global text filters
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
Post a Comment
Do you want to publish a tutorial to our support center?