How to create a new Menu and Menu Module in Joomla 2.5
In this tutorial, we will walk you through the steps of creating a new menu in Joomla 2.5. If you don't have any previous experience with Joomla 2.5 menus, we suggest taking a look first at An Introduction to Joomla 2.5 Menus.
To create a Joomla 2.5 menu:
- Log into your Joomla Dashboard
- In the top menu under Menus, click Menu Manager
- Click the New button in the top right menu
- Type in a menu title, type, and description. Then click Save & Close in the top right menu
- Find and click Add a module for this menu type next to the menu you just created
- Type in a Title, choose a Position for the menu, and then click Save & Close
At this point, we have successfully created a new Joomla Menu. The menu is not going to show on our Joomla 2.5 site until we first add a menu item to it.
Thank you for your feedback!