How to remove an Order in the PrestaShop 1.5 back office
Knowing how to cancel an order in PrestaShop 1.5 is extremely important. After adding or editing an order on a customer account, there may be an occasion to completely cancel it. This action does not actually delete the order, but places the order in canceled status. Orders are never completely deleted from your store. Follow along the steps below to learn how to cancel an order within the PrestaShop 1.5 back office.
Canceling an order in PrestaShop 1.5 back office
- Log into your PrestaShop 1.5 admin dashboard.
- Using the top menu bar, hover over the Orders tab and click on the Order option.
- You will now be at the Orders list page which shows all orders and other details such as their current status. Locate the order you want to edit and click on the View button on the far right side of the row. It is the one that looks like a paper with a magnifying glass.
- Now you are on the editing screen for your selected order. On the left hand side of the screen is a dropdown, which is for adding a new status to the order. This is to add a different status. Click on the dropdown and you will see a Cancel option. Highlight that and click on the Add button just to the right. This adds a row to the status list just underneath the dropdown.
- Click on the Back To List button found in the upper right corner to return to the orders list for you to review. The canceled order should now have a red Canceled status. This confirms your cancellation of the order in the PrestaShop 1.5 back office.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
2014-03-12 4:15 am
but if I have just testing the prestashop order mamagement and I have to compleately delete the order of "Jhon Doe" not just cancel it how can I do that?
2014-03-12 7:27 pm
As mentioned in the note after the first paragraph of this article, orders can not be deleted from the database from within PrestaShop. This is by design to allow for better record keeping.
It looks like you can bypass this, but I would highly recommend that you backup your database in cPanel first before attempting to delete any orders.
Login to your admin dashboard, navigate to Orders > Orders, then click on the magnifying glass icon on the far right to view the order you wish to delete.
You should notice that on the order page the URL ends in something like this:
Simply replace vieworder, with deleteorder, then hit enter in your web-browser's address bar.
You should then be presented with the message Deletion successful, and you shouldn't see the order in your admin dashboard any longer.
Please let us know if you had any further questions at all.
Post a Comment
Do you want to publish a tutorial to our support center?