How to Add a Product Attribute in osCommerce
Published: Apr 19, 2013
This will be accomplished in the osCommerce Admin section by creating a new Product Option, adding values to the option, then adding the option to the product.
Creating a Product Attribute & Adding Values:
- Login to the Admin section of osCommerce.
- Click the Catalog option in the menu, then click Products Attributes.
- In the blank field under Product Options enter your new attribute, then click the Insert button.
- Now, click your new Option Name under the Option Values section, and enter the new option to the right. Click the Insert button to save, then repeat for additional options (in my tests I added Black, and White color options).
Add an Attribute to a Product:
- Under the Products Attributes section, choose your product from the drop-down box (in my test I am choosing T-Shirt).
- To the right, click the Option name from the drop-down menu (in my tests I am choosing Color).
- Beneath the Option Value section choose your option (in my tests I selected Black).
- Under the Value Price menu, enter the price difference, then enter a '+' or '-' under the Prefix field if you want to add or subtract.
- Click the Insert Button to save.
Congratulations, now you know how to add a Product Atttriubte in osCommerce!
Did you find this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!
Would you like to provide any additional feedback?
Optional, but our team may contact you for more information.
Like this Article? Tweet
Adding products and content to osCommerce
Adding Products in osCommerce
|1.||How to Add a Product to osCommerce|
|2.||Adding products in OSCommerce Video|
Creating categories in osCommerce
|3.||How to add a new category in osCommerce|
|4.||Adding categories in OSCommerce Video|
|5.||Rearranging products and categories in osCommerce|
|6.||Modifying the sort order of categories and products in osCommerce|
|7.||Deleting categories and products in osCommerce|
|8.||How to add a subcategory in osCommerce|
Product options and attributes in osCommerce
|9.||Adding manufacturers in osCommerce|
|10.||How to Add a Product Attribute in osCommerce|
|11.||How to perform a bulk price change for all products in OSCommerce|
|12.||Adding product attributes in OSCommerce Video|
|13.||Creating specials in osCommerce Video|
Here are a few questions related to this article that our customers have asked:
Ooops! It looks like there are no questions about this page.
Would you like to ask a question about this page? If so, click the button below!