312: Locating your Joomla 3.1 database name
When performing tasks such as troubleshooting or moving the database, you may need to know the exact name of your Joomla 3.0 installation. While installing Joomla 3.0 with the Sofataculous installer tool, a database name is automatically suggested and created, most people do not write that information down for later use. This article will guide you in locating the exact database name for your Joomla installation to help you access it directly.
How to find your Joomla 3.0 database name
- Log into your cPanel cPanel dashboard.
- Once inside the cPanel, locate and enter the File Manager tool.
- Inside the File Manager, you will need to navigate to the root folder for your Joomla installation. Unless you are using a subfolder or subdomain, this will likely be your public_html folder.
- Now that you are in the root folder, look for the file entitled configuration.php. Highlight the file and click on the Edit button found in the upper toolbar. You will also receive a popup. Click the Edit button on that box as well to open the editor.
- You will now see a long list of settings for use in your Joomla 3.0 installation. Look for a setting similar to the one below:
public $db = 'userna5_joom315';The database name consists of two parts, given the example above, userna5_joom315, the first part is the cPanel username (userna5) and the second portion is the actual database name (joom315).
- Be sure to record the database name in a secure location for when you need to manage or edit your database.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!