How to FTP with Internet Explorer 7/8
The following tutorial will assist you with connecting to your account via FTP using the Internet Explorer browser (versions 7 and 8). This is an easy way to use FTP with your web hosting account, and will work on all shared / VPS / and dedicated servers.
Setting up FTP in Internet Explorer 7/8
- Open Internet Explorer.
- In the address bar, type the following and then hit enter:
userna5 replace this with your cPanel username password replace this with your cPanel password yourdomain.com replace this with your actual domain name
- Click, "Page" and then click, "Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer"
- You will receive a generic, "FTP Folder Error". Click OK to continue.
- Click, "File", "Login As..."
- Enter your cPanel username as the, "User name", and enter your cPanel password as the, "Password". Click, "Log On"
You are now connected to your account via FTP! To upload files, you can either copy/paste them into the ftp window, or you can drag and drop them from your desktop to the ftp window.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!