Connecting to a database with MySQL Workbench 5.2
One tool you can use to connect to your server Remotely with is MySQL Workbench. MySQL Workbench is a free tool you can use to connect to your server databases from your personal computer at home. MySQL Workbench can be Downloaded for free at the following link:
You will want to use the Windows (x86, 32-bit), MSI Installer is you are on Windows. The file we are installing in this tutorial is the mysql-workbench-gpl-5.2.47-win32.msi file.
Once you have downloaded MySQL Workbench, you can install MySQL Workbench. After you have the program installed, follow the steps below to set up the connection.
Add IP to your Remote MySQL
In order for you to be able to connect to your databases remotely you will need to add your local computer IP address to the Remote MySQL in cPanel. You can get your IP address by going to the following link:
Steps to connect to your database remotely
- Open MySQL Workbench.
- Click New Connection towards the bottom left of MySQL Workbench.
- In the "Set up a New Connection Dialogue" box, Type your Database connection credentials. The credentials will be like the following:
Connection Name: You can name this whatever you like.
Connection Method: Standard (TCP/IP).
Hostname: You can use your domain our your cPanel IP address.
Username: Your cPanel username or the user you created for the database.
Password: cPanel password or the password for the database user that was created.
Default Schema: This can be left blank.
Click Test Connection.
- Type your password and click the "Save Password in Vault" check box.
- MySQL Workbench should say "Connection parameters are correct". Click Ok.
- Click Ok again to accept the connection settings.
- Now under the SQL Development section you will see your connection listed in the Open Connection to Start Querying box. Click your newly created account.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
Post a Comment
Do you want to publish a tutorial to our support center?