Fixing the jQuery version in osCommerce
When installing the Theme Switcher on your osCommerce site, you will encounter errors regarding the jQuery files not being found. Please see the snapshot to the right. This is because when the osCommerce was released, the version was changed. This article will explain how to update your osCommerce to the newest version of jQuery.
The versions of jQuery at the time of this article are the jQuery 1.9.1 and the jQuery UI 1.10.2.
Steps to update your osCommerce jQuery
First you will need to get the newest versions of jQuery. Below are the steps to update the newest versions of jQuery and jQueryUI.
- Download the newest version (at this time 1.9.1) from the link below:
- You should have a file named jquery-1.9.1.min.js on your desktop.
Upload the file to the following directory in your osCommerce installation.
Select 1.10.2 and select the Redmond theme from the drop box and click download. See image to the right. When you download the .zip file you should have a file named jquery-ui-1.10.2.custom.
- You will need extract the files on your local computer, open the folder and rename the following file:
- Next, rename the the following file in the jQueryUI files on your computer.
- Upload the /development-bundle/themes/redmond folder to your server in the following location on your server.
Configuring the Theme Switcher
- Log into your osCommerce Administrative Dashboard.
- Go to Modules > Header Tags on the right. Select the Theme Switcher module and click edit at the top of the module interface.
When the screen loads you will see the default jQuery values in the "Jquery Version" and "Jquery UI Version" box. See image to the right.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
Post a Comment
News / Announcements
Changing your osCommerce appearance
Changing the osCommerce theme
|1.||Installing the osCommerce Theme Switcher|
|2.||Fixing the jQuery version in osCommerce|
|3.||Changing the theme in osCommerce|
Changing the Banner and Logo in osCommerce
|4.||Changing the osCommerce logo|
|5.||How to change the banner in osCommerce|
|6.||Deleting or Disabling a Banner in osCommerce|
|7.||Managing Banners in osCommerce|
|8.||Managing your banners in osCommerce Video|
Editing the osCommerce footer, header and background
|9.||Removing the branding from the osCommerce footer|
|10.||Changing the content background style in osCommerce|
|11.||Changing the background image in osCommerce|
|12.||Editing your header and footer in osCommerce Video|
|13.||Editing your left and right columns in osCommerce Video|