308: Installing vQmod on OpenCart
vQmod is an override system designed to avoid having to change the core files of OpenCart. Instead of making changes to the core files of OpenCart directly, the changes you make are created as XML search and replace script files. vQmod has no effect on the performance of OpenCart as noted by the developers. There are quite a few modules and scripts available to use with vQmod, and you’ll need to have vQmod installed for them to work properly.
- Download the latest version that has "OpenCart" in the title from: vQmod Installation
- Using FTP, upload the "vqmod" folder from the zip to the root of your opencart store
- Be sure the vqmod folder and the vqmod/vqcache folders are writable (755)
- Go to http://www.yoursite.com/vqmod/install
- You should get a success message. If not, check permissions above and try again
- Load your store homepage and verify it works
- Using FTP, verify that there are new "vq" files in the "vqmod/vqcache" folder
If you need further assistance please feel free to ask a question on our support center website.
Thank you for your feedback!