How to upload a logo in the Joomla 3.0 Protostar templateWritten by Brad Markle
Another option in the Joomla 3.0 Protostar template we will review is the logo setting:
Upload a custom logo for the site template.
Uploading a custom logo in Joomla 3.0 is straight forward, and you can see in the screenshots below how the logo will show in the upper left of your pages:
|Without a Logo||With a custom logo|
You'll notice that if you choose to show a custom logo, your site title will no longer show. In our testing, you can see the My Joomla 3.0 Website title shows in the before screenshot, but not in the after.
To add a logo in Joomla 3.0
- Log into your Joomla 3.0 Admin Dashboard
- In the top menu, click Extensions and then click Template Manager
- In the list of templates, find and click on the Protostar template. In our testing, we clicked on My Default Style (Protostar)
- Click the Options tab towards the top of the page
- Find the setting labeled Logo, and then click the Select button next to it.
- At this point you have several options:
6.1: Browse through files you've already uploaded and click on an image
6.2: Next to Image URL, type in the url to the image
6.3: Next to Upload file, click Choose Files and then upload a logo from your computer
After using one of the three options above, click the Insert button in the top right of the pop-up and then click the Save button in the top left of the page to save the settings for you new logo.
Configuring the Protostar Template in Joomla 3.0
|1.||Adjusting the Protostar Template Colour in Joomla 3.0|
|2.||Changing your template background colour in Joomla 3.0|
|3.||How to upload a logo in the Joomla 3.0 Protostar template|