Connecting to your server with Notepad++
One way to edit files on your server is to use Notepad++. Notepad++ has a great FTP capability that allows you to edit your files directly on the server. The following will explain the steps on how to edit your files using Notepad++.
Note! Notepad++ is only available on Windows.
FTP configuration with Notepad++
- Open NotePad++.
- Go to Plugins > NppFTP > Show NppFTP Window in the menu at the top of your Notepad++.
- In the NppFTP Window, click the gear and select Profile Settings.
- Click Add new.
- On the "Adding profile" pop up, name the FTP Profile Connection.
- Enter your FTP credentials in the Connection tab. For more information on your FTP connection credentials, please see our Getting Started Guide: FTP.
When you are done adding the FTP information click close.
- Click the (Dis)Connect icon in the NppFTP window. See image to the right.
Select your new Profile.
Congratulations, you learned how to connect to your server using Notepad++. For more information on FTP, please see our Getting Started Guide: FTP.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
2014-02-11 1:49 am
I can't open my server with notepad++. I don't know why. I used this method to open my server.
2014-02-11 2:39 am
It give message,
[NppFTP] Everything initialized
-> TYPE I
Unable to connect
2014-02-11 9:05 am
It appears that you may have the incorrect server information or username/password defined. I recommend taking a look back through your settings to ensure that the correct domain is defined within your server, and your cPanel username and password are defined correctly as well.
Post a Comment
Do you want to publish a tutorial to our support center?