Connecting to your server with Notepad++
One way to edit files on your server is to use Notepad++. Notepad++ has a great FTP capability that allows you to edit your files directly on the server. The following will explain the steps on how to edit your files using Notepad++.
Note! Notepad++ is only available on Windows.
FTP configuration with Notepad++
- Open NotePad++.
- Go to Plugins > NppFTP > Show NppFTP Window in the menu at the top of your Notepad++.
- In the NppFTP Window, click the gear and select Profile Settings.
- Click Add new.
- On the "Adding profile" pop up, name the FTP Profile Connection.
- Enter your FTP credentials in the Connection tab. For more information on your FTP connection credentials, please see our Getting Started Guide: FTP.
When you are done adding the FTP information click close.
- Click the (Dis)Connect icon in the NppFTP window. See image to the right.
Select your new Profile.
Congratulations, you learned how to connect to your server using Notepad++. For more information on FTP, please see our Getting Started Guide: FTP.
Thank you for your feedback!