Setting up Microsoft Outlook 2007 to check your email
Click here to watch a video tutorial
In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to set up MS Outlook 2007 to check your email. Outlook 2007 will allow you to send and receive emails from your desktop without logging into webmail. You must have an email account already created in cPanel to do so. If you have not done so already, please refer to our tutorial on creating email accounts in cPanel.
- Open Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 on your local computer
- Go to Tools -> Account Settings
- Click “New” in the upper left corner
- Select the “Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP”
- Click “Next” in the bottom right corner
- Enter the details in each field on the screen
- Your Name: This is how you want your name to appear in emails
- E-Mail Address: this is your full email address
- Password: Enter in the password for this specific email account
- Re-Type Password: Enter the same password as above
- Check the box next to the option to “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” and click “Next” in the bottom right corner
- Click “Next” on the next screen displayed to start configuring your server settings
- Fill in the fields on the screen
- Account Type: Select POP3 or IMAP if you’re not sure of the difference please see our article on POP3 vs. IMAP
- Incoming Mail Server: enter mail.yourdomain.com (be sure to replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain name)
- Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): enter mail.yourdomain.com (be sure to replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain name)
- User Name: Enter in the full email address
- Password: Enter in the password for that specific email address
- Check the box next to “Remember Password”
- Click “More Settings” in the bottom right corner
- On the “General" Tab give your email account a name such as “work”
- Go to the “Outgoing Server” Tab and make sure to check the box next to the option “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" and be sure the radio button is checked next to “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”
- Click on the “Connection” tab and select the type of internet connect you are using. Then click “OK” on the bottom right of the popup (most customers do not need to do this step)
- Click “Next” and then click “Finish” to complete the email account set up
Your email account set up is complete. For more information on making changes to settings or troubleshooting email issues, please see our Support Center Email section for more information. If you find you need further assistance please feel free to ask a question on our support center website.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
Post a Comment
Do you want to publish a tutorial to our support center?