Editing your SMF 2.0 Bulletin Board Code settings
When setting up your site, you have a lot of control over what tags and codes you allow your members to use. You may want to allow them to use BBC, also known as Bulletin Board Code. Additionally, you may or may not want them to use HTML in their posts. This can be for design reasons, or to keep users from abusing the code. Whatever you decide, the steps below will guide you in how to set them in your SMF 2.0 website.
How to edit Bulletin board Code settings
- Log into your SMF admin dashboard.
- From the entry page, click Admin from the upper menu. This will reveal a second menu just underneath the first. Hover over Forum and click on Posts and Topics from the popup submenu.
- This brings you to the Posts and Topics screen. From the page menu, click on the Bulletin Board Code option.
- You are now on the Bulletin Board Code Settings page. From here you will be able to configure your desired BBCode settings.
Enable bulletin board code (BBC) Enable the ability to use BBCode in posts. Enable basic HTML code in posts Enables the use of a few HTML tags Automatically link posted URLs Automatically creates links for URLS in posts.
At the bottom of the page is a list of the BBCode tags that are allowed. You can enable or disable each tag individually.
abbr abbreviation acronym acronym b bold text bdo bi-directional override blue blue text br line break code code output color color text flash embed flash object font set font glow produces glow effect on text green green text hr horizontal rule i italics iurl makes link that opens in the same window left left align list inserts item in a list ltr sets text direction left to right move marquee effect nobbc turns off BBCode pre preformatted text quote formats text as a quote right right alignment rtl sets text direction from right to left shadow creates shadow effect on text size set text size sup superscript table used to create tables time displays time tr table row tag u underline url makes links that open in a new window
- Once you have made adjustments to the settings, click the Save button at the bottom to save your configuration.
Thank you for your feedback!