How to share customers in prestashop multistore mode
PrestaShop Multistore mode enables a site admin to manage multiple shops within the same back office. It also allows the ability to share things across the multiple stores, if desired. The stores involved in the sharing are required to all be in the same group shop. The following instructions will guide you in learning how to share customers between shops. Note, however, that once this option is enabled and customers added, it cannot be undone.
Sharing customers in a group shop in PrestaShop 1.5
- Log into your PrestaShop 1.5 dashboard.
- Using the top menu bar, hover over the Advanced Paramaters tab and click on the Multistore option from the menu.
- At the top of the next page, you will see a section where the Groups are listed. Find the group you want to rename and then click on the Edit icon to the right. It appears as a pencil and paper.
- This brings you to the settings page for your chosen group. Find the Share Customers field and select the radio button labeled with the green checkmark.
- Once finished, select the green Save button from the upper right corner. Your group shop will now share customers amongst all shops in that particular group.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
2013-05-09 2:35 pm
I posted a comment on another post of yours about an hour ago, you replied. (thanks for replying so quickly!!)
Basically i managed to fix the issue (turns out you need to 'addon' the website to point to Prestashop as opposed to 'park' it.
Anyway, now i'm having another issue.
Prestashop installs itself with a default order. This means that i cannot change the default group to allow shops to share customers/orders etc. How does one get around this? I'd hate for my customers to have to go through the sign up process twice!
I tried creating a new group and moving both shops there but no luck.
2013-06-05 4:27 pm
Go into the database (you can use phpadmin) and delete the order from the table ps_orders. Worked for me earlier today. Gotta love it when sample data prevents you from doing what you need to do, no?
Post a Comment
Do you want to publish a tutorial to our support center?