How to Change your Account Settings in Thunderbird
There are times when you may need to access your email account settings in Thunderbird. This is helpful when troubleshooting an email issue, or if you want to see what your settings are on a working account. In this tutorial, we will show you how to change your email account settings in Thunderbird.
If you are looking for information on setting up a new account in Thunderbird, please see our article on Creating an email account in Thunderbird
Changing your Account Settings in Thunderbird
- Open your Thunderbird email client.
Right-click the email address you want to modify, and click the settings option.
Alternately, you could click the email account, then click the View settings for this account link.
- You will then be on the Account Settings page. Click Server Settings to change your IMAP, or POP options. (This will differ based on how you initially setup your Thunderbird)
- To edit your SMTP settings click the Outgoing Server (SMTP) link, then the Edit button.
- You can then adjust your SMTP server settings, such as server name. Click the OK button when you are finished.
- Click the OK button to save your changes and return to the main Thunderbird menu.
Congratulations, now you know how to change your email account settings in Thunderbird!
News / Announcements
Support Center LoginOur Login page has moved, Click the button below to be taken to the login page.
Social Media Login
Need more Help?
Ask the Community!
|Chat:||Click to Chat Now||E-mail:||support@InMotionHosting.com|
|Call:||888-321-HOST (4678)||Ticket:||Submit a Support Ticket|