Adjusting the caching setting for performance in PrestaShop 1.5Written by Scott Mitchell
Welcome to our last article for the Performance page of the Advanced Parameters course. Much like the previous article on ciphering, this one will be brief. Our last section on the Performance page is Caching. Caching is when the server keeps specific data in memory so it can be re-served to the visitors faster because it reduces the amount of queries it has to make to the database. This speeds up the site and increases its overall performance. Find out how to configure that by following the steps below:
Modifying the Caching setting for performance in PrestaShop 1.5
- Log into your PrestaShop 1.5 dashboard.
- Using the top menu bar, hover over the Advanced Parameters tab and click on the Performance option from the menu.
- This brings you to the Performance page. The last section for Performance is entitled Caching.
If you wish to enable caching, simply check the radio button with the green checkmark. Below that, you will see a dropbox with several different caching options. Be sure to chose the one that suits your site configuration the best.
At the top of the Performance page, you have an informational warning concerning the prerequisites for different cache types. Be sure you have these installed for your desired type before activating for it to work correctly.
Below are the different caching selection types:
- Once you have decided which caching system works best for you, click on the green Save button in the upper right corner to finalize your selection.
Increasing Store Performance in PrestaShop 1.5
- I am the registered owner of a domain name. Dennehyspub.com I bought this some years ago. I don't remember from whom I bought it and the then contact email is no longer in use. I would like to renew the lease on the domain. Can you help me do this? I can b
- forgot password - how can I get into my website
- Configuring Mandrill SFP / DKIM settings