304: How to bypass the Newly Registered Users group in phpBB
By default, new users are automatically part of a group named Newly Registered Users. This group typically requires that the posts they create be approved before they are posted on the forums. You may not want to make users have to graduate from the Newly Registered Users group after a certain number fo posts. Below is a quick guide to bypassing the Newly Registered Users group for phpBB.
Bypassing the Newly Registered Users group in phpBB
- Log into your phpBB ACP (Administrative Control Panel)
- Once inside the main Account Control Panel (ACP) click on the General tab found across the top of the page.
- Using the left hand sidebar, click on the User Registration Setttings option under the Board Settings category.
- Now that you are on the User Administration page, type in the username that you want to work with and click the Submit button.
- From the User registration settings page, look for the New member post limit setting. To terminate the use of the Newly Registered Users group, set this field to 0.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the Submit button to save the settings.
‹Section 2: 303: Allowing e-mail re-use in phpBB
›Section 4: 305: How to manage new account activation in phpBB
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!