How do I restart my server?
For different reasons, VPS customers may want to restart their server services. This is similar to rebooting the server; except, rebooting the actual hardware is "rebooting" the server. Restarting the services restarts the Apache, MySQL, or Email services that run on the server. The services for VPS servers can be restarted through the WHM or through shell access. In the event you cannot use shell or the WHM, you can restart your VPS through the Account Management Panel. This article will show you how.
Note! Before your restart your VPS services, you will want to read our article on When should I restart my VPS.
Restarting shared business plan servers
Shared server services do not need to be restarted unless our systems support sees an issue requiring the server to be restarted. If you believe your server services need to be restarted, please contact tech support and they can look further into this.
Steps to restart your VPS in AMP
- Log into AMP.
- On the left side, click the Details link under Account and Billing.
- In the Active Subscriptions, you should see the "Restart VPS" link in the Products column where your VPS plan is located.
- Expand the Restart VPS drop box and click the "Restart VPS" button.
Restarting VPS and dedicated server with command line
Customers can restart their server services through the WHM or through Shell access. Please see the below tutorials on how to restart your services through WHM and through command line. You can shell into your server and stop and start your httpd services for your website. See the following commands.
Restarting a VPS or Dedicated server with WHM
- Log into WHM.
- Type "restart" in the search box at the top left to find the "Restart Services" section.
- To restart Apache, select HTTP Server (Apache) and click Yes.
Thank you for your feedback!