Sending an Email Limit Exception Request in AMP
All accounts hosted with InMotion Hosting allow you to send out mailing lists. On our shared servers there is a limit to the number of emails sent per hour to help prevent Spam. The initial limit is 250 emails per hour per cPanel account. If you need to send out more emails then are permitted, you can request the limit be raised. You can send us a Bulk Email Request in your Account Management Panel (or AMP).
How to send an Email Limit Exception Request
- Log into your Account Management Panel (AMP ) interface.
- Under Additional Services click on link entitled Other.
- Next, under Add Services you will see a list of all accounts connected to your AMP. Click on the account for which you want to request an email limit exception.
- Click on Request Email Limit Exception from the list of services.
- The next screen will ask for information related to your request. Please fill in all the information as thoroughly as possible.
What domain will be sending out the list? This is the name of the website that will be sending out the emails, such as example.com. How many emails do you plan to send out? This is normally the size of your email list. If you have 500 members, then the number here will be 500. How often will these emails be sent? List whether you plan on sending these emails out on a daily, weekly, monthly, or other basis. What is the source of the emails? Describe how you collected the email addresses. (from your site, did you purchase them, etc) Where is the "Opt Out" link in each email? Every bulk mail is required to have an "opt out" or "unsubscribe" link. Describe where yours is. What software do you plan to use to send your mail? List the program that will be handling the email list. For example you may be using phplist. What methods will you use to 'rate limit' the mailing list as it is sent out? Sending out a large number of emails at once can slow the server, you will want to send them out in 'batches'. This is known as 'rate limiting'. Describe how you will accomplish that here.
- Once you are done, click the Submit button. This will send the information in an email to our Support department. After submitting the request, a support technician will analyze your request and send you an email once a decision is made.
Thank you for your feedback!