How to Setup Microsoft Outlook 2013 to Check Your Email
In this tutorial we will show you how to setup MS Outlook 2013 to check your email. Outlook 2013 is a client that can be used for sending and receiving e-mail from your personal computer.
Make sure your DNS is pointed to our servers.
Here are links to our other Outlook guides:
Setting up Outlook 2013:
- When you first open Outlook, it will provide a "Welcome to Outlook 2013" message, click the Next button.
- The next screen will ask "Do you want to set up Outlook to connect to an email account?" choose Yes and click the Next button.
- On the Auto Account Setup menu, select the option for Manual setup or additional server types, then click Next.
- On the Choose Service menu, click the POP or IMAP option then click the Next button.
- You will then see the POP and IMAP Account Settings menu, fill in the fields.
Below is a description of the fields:
Option Description Your Name Enter the name you want people you email to see, such as: John Smith Email Address Enter your full email address, such as: firstname.lastname@example.org Account Type Choose if you want to use POP or IMAP. By default, POP downloads and removes your emails from the server, while IMAP leaves them on the server. Here is a link to an article that explains the differences in more detail. In my tests, I am setting up a POP account. Incoming mail serverStandard settings: mail.domain.com (Replace domain.com with your actual domain)SSL Settings: secureXX.inmotionhosting.com (Replace the XX with the numbers from your server name) Outgoing mail server (SMTP) Standard settings: mail.domain.com (Replace domain.com with your actual domain)SSL Settings: secureXX.inmotionhosting.com (Replace the XX with the numbers from your server name) User Name Enter your full email address, such as: email@example.com Password Enter the password you for this email address. Remember password I recommend checking this box, so Outlook will save your password. Require logon using Secure Password Authentication Do not check this box.
- Click the More Settings button.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab, then click "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication," and "Use same settings as my incoming mail server".
- Click the Advanced tab.
Enter your settings, below is a description of the available options.
Option Description Incoming ServerChoose your preferred settings, below are the available options.Standard (POP3): 110Standard (IMAP): 143SSL (POP3): 995SSL (IMAP): 993 This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) Click this you are using the SSL option. Outgoing ServerStandard: 25* or 587SSL: 465*Often times, ISP's will block this port for use with their email. You may want to consider using port 587, or the secure settings. Use the following type of encrypted connection:Standard: NoneSSL: SSL
- Click the OK button.
- Click the Next button, Outlook will test the the account settings.
- When the status for Log onto incoming mail server, and the Send test e-mail message tasks have completed, click the Close button.
- You will see a message stating "You're all set!" click the Finish button.
Congratulations, now you know how to setup your email account in Microsoft Outlook 2013!
Like this Article? Tweet
If you need some help, submit your question to our Community!
We guarantee a response within 60 minutes (8am - 9pm EST, Monday - Friday)