306: Configuring RSS Feeds in Drupal 8
Having an RSS feed can be a great way to notify your subscribers about new content and changes to your site. Subscribers will use an RSS reader to receive updates from different sites that they subscribe to. This article goes over the basic settings that are found in Drupal 8.
How to configure your RSS feed in Drupal 8
- Log into your Drupal 8 admin dashboard.
- Look to the upper menu bar at the top of the screen and select the Menu tab.
- Once the second menu bar appears, select the Configuration tab.
- This brings up the main Configuration screen. From here, locate the Development category and click on the top link, named RSS Publishing.
- You will now be taken to the RSS Publishing settings. From here you will have three different settings to configure your RSS feed.
Feed Description Give your RSS feed a description for your subscribers. Number of items in each feed This determines the number of items that will appear in each feed. For example, if you have it set to 10 and you have 20 items, only the last 10 will display. Feed Content Determines how the content is displayed in the feed. There are three options: Title only, Title and teaser (first few characters of the body),and Full text.
- Once you have entered the settings for your RSS feed, click on the Save Configuration button to save the new configuration.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.