How to change Welcome Mail text in Drupal 7
There are several canned emails you can set in your Drupal 7. These are for various instances. The Welcome Mail is the email the user will get upon registration. There are three separate ones, depending on how you have your registration settings set. They are listed below.
- Welcome (new user created by administrator)
- Welcome (awaiting approval)
- Welcome (no approval required)
You may want to edit the wording for the email body. This article shows you how to modify the body text for the Welcome Mails in Drupal 7.
Editing the Welcome Mail body text in Drupal 7:
- Log into your Drupal 7 Admin dashboard.
- Using the top menu bar, find and click on the Configuration option.
- This is the Configuration screen. Locate the People category clicking on the Account Settings link.
- You are now on the the Account Settings screen. Be sure you are on the Settings tab. This is found in the upper right part of the screen. Find the Emails section. There are actually 3 separate Welcome mails. Click on each one and edit the Body section to modify their body messages.
- Click on the Save Configuration button at the bottom of the screen.
You have now modified the Welcome Mail body text in Drupal 7.
‹Section 12: How to enable Account Blocked email in Drupal 7
›Section 14: How to edit Account Activation email text in Drupal 7
News / Announcements
Support Center LoginOur Login page has moved, Click the button below to be taken to the login page.
Social Media Login
2013-05-09 1:35 pm
I change the body , save it and when I reload the page it is not the content I changed, always the previous. I tried it for the different languages (these fields are multilingual).
2013-05-09 1:58 pm
I tried to duplicate your error, but when I save the change to the body, all of it stays. Make sure that you are clearing your browser cache, as it might be loading a version there. Other than that, if you're still having the problem, the please provide a little more information. Our tests here used Drupal 7.2.2. If you can provide a screenshot or a link it would help as well.
If you have any further questions, please contact technical support available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
Community Support Team
2014-04-19 1:42 am
Thanks for this... been looking hard for it. I need to also know how to change the logo that appears at the top of the welcome email... any ideas?
thanks heaps in advance!
2014-04-21 8:13 am
By default, Drupal only uses plain-text emails when sending these welcome emails so you should not be seeing any HTML embedded images. If your Drupal installation is sending HTML images, the logo that it is grabbing the data from may be your default logo defined within Drupal. Changing that will affect both your email and your site, depending on how your theme is written.
Post a Comment
Need more Help?
Ask the Community!
|Chat:||Click to Chat Now||E-mail:||support@InMotionHosting.com|
|Call:||888-321-HOST (4678)||Ticket:||Submit a Support Ticket|