Making DNS Nameserver Changes at GoDaddy.com
Domains purchased through Godaddy are fully supported on InMotion Hosting servers. To get a Godaddy domain working on your InMotion Hosting server, the nameservers will need to be updated to point the domain to our DNS server, and the domain must be added to your cPanel, if it is not your primary domain. Below are the steps for setting up a domain purchased at Godaddy to point to our nameservers.
Changing the Nameservers at GoDaddy
- Log into your account with Godaddy.
- Next to Domains, click the green Launch button.
- You will see your domains listed, select the domain you want to update the nameservers for.
- Next to Nameservers click the Manage link.
- On the Nameserver Settings page, click Custom, then click Enter custom nameservers.
- The Add Nameserver menu will come up. Fill in both InMotion Hosting nameservers, then click the OK button.
Nameserver 1: ns.inmotionhosting.com
Nameserver 2: ns2.inmotionhosting.com
- You will then see the nameservers listed, click the Save button.
You are finished when you see a message stating "Your request has been submitted. Changes may take a few moments to take effect."
Congratulations, now you know how to update your Nameservers with GoDaddy to point to InMotion Hosting!
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!
2014-12-22 3:36 pm
I would need the same explanation for Bluehost. It is totally different there and I have no Idea on how to do it :-(
2014-12-22 3:46 pm
While I do not have a BlueHost account to fully test this, it appears that you need to log into your BlueHost account, click on Domain Manager, select your domain, then click on Nameservers
2015-01-21 4:56 pm
Thanks for the info! It is current, and each step was exactly how it works at GoDaddy.