In this article, we will further explain what WordPress Hosting is and help you decide if it is the right choice for you.
- WordPress Hosting Definition
- What is Included in WordPress Hosting?
- WordPress Hosting Benefits
- Is WordPress Hosting Right for You?
WordPress Hosting Definition
What is WordPress Hosting? It is a service that is specifically optimized for WordPress websites. This provides a better speed and performance for all your visitors. A non-specialized hosting service optimizes its servers for general use and is not specific to a CMS such as WordPress.
What is Included in WordPress Hosting?
We will now go over some of the features that should be included in a quality WordPress Hosting plan. Keep in mind that all of InMotion’s WordPress Hosting plans automatically include these options.
Along with hosting you will also need a domain name, also known as a URL. A good WordPress Hosting plan will often include a domain name registration for free. This means that you will have a website up and running faster without having to register a domain separately.
A free SSL certificate is provided with all InMotion WordPress Hosting plans and allows visitors to be assured that your website is secure. It means that the padlock will show up in the browser when people visit your website. This is especially important if you are running an online eCommerce store.
Our team is dedicated to serving you. We have WordPress experts on standby to help you with everything from WordPress installation to troubleshooting a problem. We even go the extra mile to preinstall WordPress, saving you more time. Simply select WordPress during the checkout process and we’ll get it installed for you.
Free Website Migration
We offer free website transfers so you won’t have to worry about moving your existing site to us! We work hard to make sure you don’t have any downtime or loss of information.
SSD (solid-state drive) storage allows data to be read 20 times faster than a traditional hard disk drive. This also means your data is accessible quickly for all of your visitors.
Having the ability to send emails directly from your server without limits is a major feature of WordPress hosting plans. This means there are no additional fees based on how much you use email.
Every hosting plan has bandwidth but how much is the key difference. Bandwidth allows data to be transferred between your site and customers, and the Internet in general.
Some companies offer limits on plans, in turn limiting the amount of traffic you can have. The best WordPress hosts offer unlimited bandwidth.
A good WordPress host should also include server-side caching. This allows your site to be delivered faster to visitors. You get even more control if you are able to customize the caching setup for your specific WordPress site.
Most web hosting companies offer 30- and 45-day guarantees, but we go the extra mile to make sure you’re happy. We offer a 90-day money-back guarantee because we’re so confident that you’ll be pleased with our hosting and expert service.
WordPress Hosting Benefits
With all of the available website builder tools out there, you might be wondering why WordPress Hosting is so popular and how it can work for you.
Sure, many of those hosted builder sites make it simple to get started, but down the road, when you want to do something more advanced, you have to pay more money.
Whether you use a builder like Wix, Weebly, or a social media business page, you don’t own the site itself, and you would be forever locked into that provider’s network.
If you have a standard shared server, it will be running dozens of content management systems (CMSs) to power hundreds of websites. Having all of these different systems loaded can slow down the performance of the server.
However, if you’re running your site on a WordPress-specific server, then WordPress is the only CMS loaded on the server. That means that the server can be configured specifically to handle WordPress and to use its resources properly. This can result in faster speeds, meaning that your website will load quicker and updates will be installed faster.
This is another area that allows WordPress web hosting to excel. With WordPress, you have a CMS that is secure. By focusing on WordPress, your hosting company can ensure that all of the WordPress-specific threats are taken into consideration. They can then protect you from these specific threats.
Is WordPress Hosting Right for You?
Traditional hosting plans are simply just for hosting your data. You are responsible for updating your site, security, management, and other technical oversight.
With a WordPress hosting plan, that is changed. Here are some focus points on how they differ from traditional hosting plans.
- Managed – Hosting plans centered around WordPress are managed. This means the hosting company will pre-install WordPress and manage all the updates, security, backups, etc. All you need to worry about is your content.
- Support – Building a website can be tough, and doing it without support or guidance can be even tougher. Then you have hosting, which can be another stress level on top of managing the website. Any good WordPress hosting plan will have support to help you along with whatever you need, and it should be available at all times.
Another thing you should look for is guides. Does the hosting company have tutorials you can read or follow for building a website or answering hosting questions? Sure you can Google answers, but wouldn’t you rather have answers coming directly from the company you’re using?
- Security – All hosting plans have security and if not, don’t dare use them. However, with a managed plan, your host is always improving the security of your data and website. Hosting companies need to stay up to date with new security issues or threats, as well as with the best ways to stop those threats or fix those issues. Due to this, the companies will be updating the security of your site as soon as there is a new update available. This again allows you to focus on your content and stress a little less.
- Performance – When choosing a traditional hosting plan, you will be responsible for optimizing the server you are on and ensuring that the performance isn’t suffering. With a managed hosting plan there is no need to worry about those things. The hosting company will utilize its resources and enable your site to remain speedy when traffic is high. Who doesn’t love a speedy website?
Is a WordPress hosting plan right for you? If less stress, a better-functioning site, world-class support, and up-to-date security are right for you, then yes. We offer a variety of options when it comes to hosting WordPress sites, and we can assist and host sites of all sizes. Best of all,