You may have heard the term “influencer marketing” and wondered what it meant. Influencer marketing is a type of marketing that uses key leaders to drive a brand message to a larger audience. Those key leaders have a large amount of “influence” on their fans following on social media and blog. It builds a bridge of trust with people who might otherwise not consider your brand or product.
Brands rely on these influencers to provide recommendations to their audience, and one of the best and most stable ways to do that is through blogging. Are you a brand who wants to find influencers or are you someone who wants to become an influencer? Either way, what you need to do as a blogger doesn’t change.
Influencers offer a powerful backlink profile. As an influencer has such a large following, this backlink can be a powerful force for search engines.
Hands down, blogging is the surefire way to educate your audience about the products and services you promote. One of the major reasons to create content is to attract “targeted visitors” to your blog from search engines like Google.
You need to target the right keywords, create engaging content, optimize your content for your target keywords to be able to generate MORE traffic to your site.
Make sure to create content that adds value to your target audience. Create problem-solving content. Create awareness. That’s how you build trust with your audience.
Above all, be CONSISTENT with your content strategy. Use an editorial calendar and plan your content well in advance to regularly publish engaging content on your blog.Anil Agarwal, hostingmonks.com
Influencer blog posts allow your potential new customers and current customers to learn more about your brand. Social media posts can miss important points or completely miss the call-to-action component found in blog posts. Twitter has a character limitation while platforms like Pinterest and Instagram rely on images.
Social media posts have a limited lifespan. Even if something is re-shared, it loses its impact after the first two days. Blog posts, on the other hand, can be constantly viewed and interacted with years after it was initially posted. It can also be organized and archived so that it can be easily found.
The longer lifespan of a blog post leads to evergreen content. Evergreen content means a piece of content that can be used years from now without requiring a change. Creating evergreen content through your influencers (or for your brand) means you will have relevant content all year-round.
Measurable and Trackable
A blog is one of the only places where you have complete transparency when it comes to analytics. You can track conversions, ROI, referrals, leads, sales, and more from a blog post that links to your site. This means you have actual numbers that determine the influence of those you work with. It’s very simple to build a cost-benefit analysis for working with that brand or influencer again.
An influencer’s blog drives legitimate, organic traffic to your site. Social media posts will usually lead your audience to your social media pages, but that’s an extra step in the buying process. Blog links give you a direct connection with your audience.
In order for this to work, there are some things you have to consider.
- You must provide quality content on your blog and social media on a regular basis.
- You must interact with your audience regularly.
- Have a set goal before you begin. It’s important to have a social media or blog goal (more followers, mentions, traffic, etc.).
- You must research your niche to find the right influencers and brands.
- Look for connections that make sense for your brand. Don’t choose something or someone that doesn’t make sense since you’ll lose trust with your audience.
- Develop a content strategy. Know what you want out of influencer marketing.
- Lay out your expectations before you begin. A brand will always have requirements that an influencer has to fulfill. Backlinks, mention of the company, review, social media shares of their blog post, and more are common factors.
- Don’t price yourself out of the market. This is why it’s important to pay attention to ROI in influencer marketing.
If you want to adopt influencer marketing in your marketing toolbox, it’s the perfect time for it.
Thoughts on “Blogging is the Key to Influencer Marketing”
Great Blog! You have shared a very useful piece of information. The knowledge that you have shared through your blog is great. Keep sharing such blog in the future too.