Like the internet, online businesses are constantly evolving and nowhere is this more evident than with Managed WordPress Hosting websites. Over the past year or so, you may have seen more people pushing the idea of a managed hosting solution for your WordPress website.
But now, premium WordPress hosting is becoming the new buzzword that is catching all the attention. Here’s a breakdown of some of the features and premium options you can expect to see with managed hosting and how it may expand in the coming months.
What is Managed Hosting?
When looking at Managed WordPress Hosting, you are seeing more site owners choosing to get someone else to manage the day-to-day operations of the website itself. This is largely so that the owner can then focus their attention on growing a business — whether it’s handling customer service or creating new content to draw more viewers.
With a managed hosting plan, WordPress experts who best know how to optimize your features run your website so that it operates smoothly and at peak performance. But now the managed option is moving into premium territory, which offers a variety of features that improve the user experience and provide a more professional looking platform.
What is Premium Hosting?
If you choose to go with a premium hosting option, you will be given a hosting solution that has been augmented and adjusted for web developers and designers. Depending on the company, it offers some or all of the following features:
- Templates—WordPress is fairly easy to use in terms of developing a website from the ground up. But if you want the ability to “clone” a site without having to do all of this legwork, you can do so using the website templates that are packaged with the hosting platform.
- Staging Platform—Sometimes, you want to make tweaks or adjustments to a website. But anyone who has worked with WordPress will tell you that sometimes this can be a trial-and-error process. If you make a mistake, it can cause the website to crash, which can negatively impact your business.
Instead of trying to make changes to a live website, these hosting options will give you a staging area. There, you can make all the changes you want to the website and experiment with new and innovative layouts and features, without worrying about knocking out your website. Then, when you have it looking and working just like you want it, you can activate the site and go live, often with the push of a single button.
- Mobile Platforms—Today, more people are choosing to access the Internet from mobile devices such as smartphones or tablets. The problem is that not all websites are optimized for viewing on these devices. As such, a premium hosting platform can offer you the ability to tweak your website so that it is more easily viewed on these devices.
- Automation—Two features that you must have are security and backups; no website should ever be without them. But these are mundane tasks that sometimes become time-consuming and have to be scheduled so that you can run the processes necessary.
- With premium hosting, many of these features can be automated so that you don’t have to stop what you are doing to handle them nor do you have to keep track of when you are going to schedule them. With a push of a button, you can make sure that everything is handled properly.
What is Right for Your Site?
If you are interested in Managed WordPress Hosting, then take some time to do your research and see exactly what features that premium hosting offers. Obviously, not all features will be something that you want or need, but you can definitely find a plan that fits those needs and helps you develop your website and your customer base.