Are you wondering how to promote and sell your health products through social media? You‘re on the right track. A recent study by Econsultancy found that social media is one of the top five marketing channels to generate a solid ROI.
You probably already know that to make an impression on Facebook or Instagram, you need standout images and attention-grabbing descriptions. But what else do you know about selling on social media?
In this post, we’ll talk about some of the most effective methods for using social media to attract customers and drive sales, with individual strategies for both Facebook and Instagram. Let’s jump right in:
Did you know that you can sell your e-commerce products directly on Facebook? According to the Facebook Newsroom, more than one billion people are active on the platform. So, if you’re not selling there, you’re missing out on a huge pool of potential customers.
Luckily, getting started is simple. If you don’t already have a Facebook Page for your business, you’ll have to create one. Unlike personal accounts, Pages are designed especially for businesses and allow users to “like” them. To create a page, simply go to Facebook and follow the on-screen instructions.
Once you’ve set up your Facebook Page, you can sell your products by linking a compatible e-commerce app. There are dozens of different options that are designed specifically for this purpose, but we like to recommend WooCommerce, which easily links your WordPress Website to your Facebook Page.
Once it’s installed, it will automatically pull product listings from your e-commerce store and post them to your Facebook Page. This means that anytime you need to update, add, or remove a product, you only have to change your website and Facebook will automatically mirror what happens there.
Having the best Facebook Page in the world won’t do you any good if no one is looking at it. The key to selling products on Facebook is having an engaged audience (and keeping them engaged).
Here are some tips on how to increase audience engagement:
- Create special promotions and offers to people who like your Facebook Page.
- Engage in discussions with your audience, respond to comments, and answer questions.
- Like other pages, and post comments, as your business page.
- Use Facebook Ads or boost posts to drive traffic to your page.
- Identify topics that are trending on Facebook and take part in the discussion.
- Share lots of photos and videos of your products (they perform better than other types of content).
If you’ve tried to sell through Instagram in the past, you know that it could be challenging. The only way to do it, in fact, was through a link in your bio, which limited you to selling just one product at a time.
Now Instagram’s Shoppable Posts makes selling on the platform quite easy, and it allows audience members to complete the entire buying journey from start to finish without ever leaving the app.
Before you can start, you must meet a few requirements:
- You must be located in the United States, Canada, Brazil, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, or Australia
- You must have an Instagram business account
- You need to have the latest version of the Instagram app installed
- Your business must sell physical goods that comply with Instagram’s merchant agreement and commerce policies
- Your business profile must be connected to a Facebook catalog
If you meet all the requirements, you just need to add the Instagram sales channel to your Shopify or BigCommerce store and, once your store is approved, enable the feature by going to Business Settings > Shopping in the Instagram app.
Like Facebook, the key to a thriving e-commerce business on Instagram is an engaged and loyal audience. Follow these tips to attract new fans and keep them coming back for more:
- Develop a signature look and stand out from all the other businesses on Instagram
- Create stand-out product descriptions by incorporating emojis and hashtags
- Share user-generated content, like photos of customers using your product
- Partner with influencers that your audience already knows and loves
Every day, people use platforms like Facebook and Instagram to discover new products from their favorite (and new!) brands. Just think about how many times you’ve personally purchased something solely because you saw a Facebook ad or an Instagram post!
If you want to take your health product business to the next level, you need to sell on social media. Let us know your plans for Facebook or Instagram below! If you’re already using them, how has it worked out?