You know you need a website for your recording studio – you can’t do business these days without one. Yet you’ve been putting it off out of fear that it’s going to be too difficult, or that it’s going to be too expensive.
We’re here to tell you that nothing could be further from the truth. With Website Creator, building a website is easy, even if you don’t have coding experience. Easy drag and drop functionality makes customizing a breeze, and thousands of plugins mean there is literally no limit to what you can do. Plus, it’s totally free.
When making a website is this easy, there are no excuses not to do it. So, if you’re interested in building a beautiful, easy-to-use website for your business, keep reading. We’re going to go over everything you need to know in one simple guide.
Do You Really Need a Website for Your Studio?
Consider this: 97% of consumers report looking online before deciding to buy locally. That means that almost every person out there will go online and research a business before they decide to purchase a product or service. What do you think happens if they search for your brand and can’t find a website? That’s right – they’ll move on to the next company.
And, get this: It doesn’t matter if the prospect was referred to you directly, or even if you’ve already met them in person: they’re still going to Google your business.
The only way to avoid any potential problems, obviously, is to maintain an active online presence.
What Elements Should Be Included on Your Recording Studio Website?
Just having a website isn’t enough. It has to look professional, be user-friendly, and give your visitors the information they need. Here are the key elements that should be included in every recording studio website, no matter what clientele you serve:
- Homepage: Every website needs a homepage. It sets the tone for the rest of your site and gives visitors a quick overview of who you are and what you do.
- About: Use your about page to share a longer bio, talk about why you got into the business, and share some of your favorite success stories. When they’re done reading, the visitor should feel like they know you as a person.
- Services and rates: Don’t make visitors guess at exactly what you do and how much it costs. If they can’t readily find that information on their own, they’re not likely to call you to find out.
- Gear: This is where you can show off all of the awesome equipment you have in your studio and entice musicians to come work with you.
- Past work: Highlight artists you’ve worked with and talk about the projects you completed for them. Include music samples so prospects can hear the quality of your work first-hand.
- Contact: Without a contact page, prospects won’t be able to get in touch with you. If they can’t get in touch with you, they can’t hire you. It’s that simple!
How To Create a WordPress Website for Your Business
- Choose a domain name. Your domain name is the address people will use to get to your website. For example, ours is www.inmotionhosting.com. We suggest coming up with a list of several options so if the one you want is already taken, you have a backup.
- Grab Website Creator. So you don’t have to worry about all the options, choosing Website Creator allows you to get up and running without having to put a thought towards technical details.
- Choose a theme for your website. Once you’ve installed your website builder, you’ll have to choose a theme for your new website. Website Creator offers dozens of Inspiration Categories, including music, so finding something that fits your vibe should be easy.
- Start adding content! Now for the fun part! The last, and probably most important, thing you need to do is populate your website with images and written content. Create a gallery to show off your gear, or add some video showcasing past work. The sky’s the limit when it comes to customizing!
These days, it’s almost impossible to attract new business without a website. If you’ve been sitting on the fence, now’s the time to get going. Don’t feel like creating a site yourself? Our web design team can bring your vision to life in just a matter of days. Reach out today to learn more.