Let’s face it: there are many other businesses out there just like yours. There are countless other people who offer the same exact product or service. Many of them probably target the same market.
That’s not a reflection of you or the quality of your business, it’s just the way it is. There are a lot of people in the world and, as Mark Twain once said, “There are no new ideas. It’s impossible.”
So, how do you stand out from the crowd? How do you make people notice you?
Easy! Your value proposition: it’s how you communicate to your audience that your company and your products are better than the rest.
What is a Value Proposition?
Value proposition is Marketing 101. If you’ve ever written a business plan, you’re likely already familiar with the term. But just in case: A value proposition is an innovation, service or feature intended to make a company more attractive to customers. It’s what you can do that the competitors can’t.
And if you can perfect your value proposition, you can increase your conversion rate and turn more leads into sales.
How to Create a Unique Value Proposition
So, how do you write a value proposition that’s solid enough to increase conversions and lift sales?
Before we get into that, let’s talk about what a value proposition is not: it’s not a slogan, a logo, or an advertising campaign. A value proposition goes much deeper than that: it’s a promise to your customers. As such, it should:
- Be clear and easy to understand
- Communicate specific results the customer will get
- Explain how it’s different and better than other options
Also, note that you can create different value propositions for different products and services (in addition to your brand’s overall proposition) and you can target specific buyer personas with specific propositions.
Using Your Website to Communicate Value Proposition
The most beautiful, well-designed website in the world won’t do you any good if it doesn’t communicate your value proposition. After all, when visitors arrive on your website, their first question is likely, “Why should I do business with you?”
In order to turn those visitors into leads, sales, and referrals, you need to clearly and consistently communicate your value proposition on your website (and everywhere you have an online presence). That includes customizing everything from navigation and web pages, to your contact page and blog posts.
Your website should be absolutely saturated with your message.
BoldGrid and your Value Proposition
With the Website Creator for WordPress, it’s quite easy to showcase your brand’s unique value proposition, no matter what industry you’re in – and with simple drag and drop functionality, you can quickly create a website and get it running within minutes.
Here’s why we love it:
- It makes content creation easy. BoldGrid Blocks make it easy to add content to your pages – content that you can use to communicate your value proposition. The professionally designed sections come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and you can create your own or use sections of pre-designed content.
- Organization is simple. The BoldGrid Post and Page Builder breaks content organization down into four simple “containers:” sections, rows, columns, and elements.
- Third party theme support: The BoldGrid Post and Page Builder ties into your existing WordPress Editor to help you get creating faster. And while there are plenty of included themes, you don’t have to use them. If you’d prefer something from a third party, BoldGrid makes it easy to install with minimal configuration.
Bottom line? The BoldGrid Post and Page Builder plugin allows you to customize your website in any way needed to best communicate your value proposition – and there’s no coding required. If you have any questions about how to set up your BoldGrid website or how to use it to communicate your message, please reach out to us today!