In the past, if you wanted to learn how to code, you’d have to order a specialized book from the library. After waiting two weeks for it to come in, you could start to learn. It took awhile just to get started.
Things have changed since then. There are now incredible ways to immediately begin learning how to code with online courses. These include interactive tutorials, videos, and advanced coding exams. Today, we’ll look at the top four websites that teach coding for free.
Learn to Code Online
Finding a website that’ll train you in coding is easy, but we’re looking for the most reputable websites that will provide quality training for free. Here are our favorites.
- Codecademy is the most popular free online coding education company.
- They focus on bringing the classroom to the internet, allowing anyone to learn how to code.
- Unlike a library book where you don’t know if you’ve made a mistake, Codecademy walks you through the full learning process. If you get stuck or make a mistake, they will give you a hint to get you moving.
- Codecademy claims to have a million of individuals currently using their service.
- If you’d like a one-on-one coach, the paid Codecademy Pro course allows you to work with a live mentor.
- Coursera teaches much more than just coding, but they do have several free classes which teach different coding languages.
- Coursera partners with professionals and professors around the world to teach different coding languages.
- Most courses are taught via video and do not have an auto-grading system.
- FreeCodeCamp is perfect for beginners.
- They offer over 1397 coding challenges.
- FreeCodeCamp allows you to know whether you made a mistake or not. If you get stuck, with a click of a button you can get a hint allowing you to proceed.
- They offer 6 certifications.
- A forum where you can ask questions and learn from others is included with the program.
- Khan Academy has several different types of coding classes.
- They have a convenient video player which allows you to see and edit the code while the video is playing.
- They give several challenges with each class, letting you to put your learning into practice.
- Being a 501(c)(3), they do not charge for any training.
These free online coding courses aren’t like library books when it comes to learning. Through advanced tools, you can practice what you are learning and have auto-grade helping you see if you’re headed in the right direction. Learning to code is an incredibly valuable skill to build for your future self. Try one of the mentioned academies today to get started with coding your website.
Now that have a powerful coding arsenal, you’re ready to build the website of your dreams on our shared business hosting.