If you’re looking for a simple online presence to get your business into the online game, then a single page website is a good choice. What makes this an excellent choice for a small business is that you can also package it with your hosting service.
By doing so, you can streamline the process and allow your hosting company to do all the heavy lifting to design your page, get it on the web, and maintain it for you.
Here’s exactly why this type of a package deal is a good choice for you and your business:
What goes into creating a website?
First, let’s look at exactly what creating a website means. In order to get a multi-page site up and running (as opposed to a single page website), you have to do the following:
- Register the domain name for your website (the address or URL of the site)
- Select your web hosting service provider and choose your hosting package
- Set up your domain with your web host
- Install your content management system (such as WordPress) so that you can create and edit your pages from a basic shell
- Design the website and create the pages either from scratch or with pre-made templates
- Upload visuals such as artwork, photos or videos, all of which have to either be created or licensed
- Create content for your website in order to attract leads
- Install SEO plugins and optimize your site so that it ranks high on a Google search
- Get an SSL certificate and e-commerce plugins if you want to create a website where people can buy your products online.
That’s a lot to have to contend with and frankly, most people running a business don’t have the time to devote to something that large. When you factor in that this website has to be maintained and the person doing so has to have the computer savvy to make the updates, you can see why many business owners outsource the project to a hosting service.
What is offered by a hosting/design package?
With a combination package most, if not all, of this work gets sent to the company that hosts your site. You will already have to pay them for web hosting. When you do this, they will take your website’s data and place it onto their computer servers which will then keep your site online. The cost of this varies greatly depending on the type of server you are using. But many hosting providers include discount packages where they will do the heavy lifting for you.
If you choose a simple one-page website, then a company will provide you with the following:
- Registration of your domain page as well as a free CMS such as WordPress
- A website that includes your business name and logo along with your corporate slogan
- Visuals such as clip art and photos that are relevant to your company and fully licensed from professional studios
- A highlighted section to show off your product line or the services that you offer
- Contact information including address, phone/fax numbers, email contacts, and social media profiles
- Email forwarder that will send all questions or messages sent through the website to your predetermined address
- A call to action (CTA) to help bring in people and get them on your mailing list
- SEO optimization with plug-ins that will help you adjust your website as it grows
Get Started on Your Single Page Website
As you can see, a single page website built by your hosting provider is a sound choice for anyone who is looking to get started with building an online presence. Every business today needs a website to help fuel sales. But not everyone needs an elaborate site with a lot of bells and whistles. Hosting providers such as InMotion Hosting can offer you quick turnaround on single page sites and can have you up and running in a matter of two days.