If your WordPress website has been online for a little while, you may want to consider looking into a custom WordPress theme.
With most premium WordPress themes, no matter how many images and colors you change, you can never remove all theme styling and layout.
We’re going to discuss the process of finding the right custom theme developer to help you develop a professional custom WordPress theme.
Recognize What You Need From a Developer
Before you set out on your mission to hire a WordPress theme developer, let’s look over some questions which will help you prepare for some of their requests.
- What do you want your custom theme to do?
- Are you wanting to update your website visually?
- What do you want to happen to your current website?
- Is there a specific feature that you would like built into your custom theme?
- What is your budget for a custom theme?
And now some steps you can take right away:
- Start to look for websites that have a similar feel and style to what you want to have built.
- Jot down a list of these URLs.
- Look over the design and development of each website and see if you like the feel and flow of the content.
If you find a website where you only like a certain section, take a screenshot of that section. Once you hire a developer, you will want to give them the answers to these questions as well as your list of URLs and screenshots.
Where Can You Find the Perfect Custom Theme Developer?
Look online for a local website agency. Working with a local web agency allows you to personally meet face-to-face and for you to share your “wish list.”
InMotion Hosting also has a website design team that builds beautiful websites. Every website that InMotion designs is based off of an interview process, allowing our design experts to build a beautiful website that is exactly what you want.
You may also consider freelance developers. Envato Studios, Fiverr, and 99Designs are a few freelancer websites where you can get started. When posting your custom theme project, we recommend being as detailed as possible, as this allows the freelancer to be as accurate in his quote.
What To Look For in a Theme Developer
One of the first things that we recommend when looking for a theme developer is to look over their own website. This generally says a lot about a developer. If their website is professional and you are impressed, this can be a good sign.
We also recommend looking over the developer’s portfolio. This will give you an idea of the quality of work which they provide. Asking the right questions can also help with finding the right developer. Included below is a short list of the most common questions.
- Will my website be mobile-friendly?
- How are you going to help keep my WordPress website secure?
- If I want to make a change to my website, how difficult will this be?
- What do you include as part of your custom theme package?
- Do you provide updates and backups of my website?
- How can I best contact you if I need help with my website?
- Do you have a contract stating what you will accomplish for the agreed price?
These are some important questions to ask a theme developer so that you may get the best possible product.
Your Website Should Help You Stand Out
Building a website to stand out from the crowd can be a challenge with a pre-built WordPress theme. Finding and hiring a talented developer doesn’t have to be a hard process, but it is important that you understand his quality of work. Before you hire a developer, make sure you understand what you want. This allows everything to be ready for your developer once you are ready to move forward.
A WordPress website run the smoothest on WordPress Hosting. Bring power and super fast speeds to your website with WordPress Hosting from InMotion Hosting.
Thoughts on “How to Find a WordPress Theme Developer”