As we’re almost heading into the third month of this year, a lot of people will head to their to gyms and fitness centers to continue their resolutions of getting healthy in 2019. But if you run a website promoting one of these healthy option businesses, then you can also make a resolution to improve your website this year and clean & jerk a new update to your site.
If you do this, then you are going to greatly improve your business opportunities for the remaining months. So, if you are thinking about doing a major update, let’s take a look at why that would be a good idea:
- Your site isn’t mobile-friendly—Is your site optimized for people who are viewing it on a smartphone or tablet? If not, that means the majority of the people browsing the Internet can’t properly view your site. More than half of all people online are now using their mobile devices to do so. The good news is that there are multiple themes on WordPress that you can switch to that will make your site easily viewable on a mobile device.
- You’re not reaching your target audience—Another big issue is that you aren’t properly reaching the people who could come into your gym and become a member. When people look at a fitness center website, they don’t want to see a bunch of pictures mixed with a sales pitch for a new membership. They want information they can use and if you provide this for them, then you will win them over and convert them to clients.
One way to do this is to add on a blog section to your website. With this, you can regularly publish content such as “How to Maintain that New Year’s Resolution Beyond February” or “Gadgets that Can Help You Get Healthy.” Any type of suggestions or tips that you can give people can help to attract them to your business. If you publish them regularly then you can also improve your SEO rankings so that it will be easier for potential customers to find you on Google.
- Your website isn’t loading fast enough—If your website loads slowly, then you may never even know just how many customers you are losing. Many people visiting a website expect it to load within the first two to three seconds. If it doesn’t, then they will bounce and move on to another website.
- If your site is loading too slowly, then you have a couple of options. One of them is to check your plugins to see if there are conflicts between them. You can also check with your hosting provider to see if there is a possibility for upgrading to a faster server or one that is not shared with other sites. These options will speed up your site.
- Your website doesn’t have a call to action—One way to help connect with your audience is with a call to action. This should encourage them to sign up for a newsletter or to get updates from you. If you include a call to action component, you can gather potential leads that you can cultivate and hopefully turn into new gym memberships.
Choosing a Great Web Hosting Provider
As with any kind of strenuous exercise, like clean & jerks, you have to prepare yourself mentally and physically for the new challenge that you are taking on. In order to clean and jerk your website, you have to prepare properly by taking an inventory of the website to see what needs to be updated. Taking a look at these key areas will also help you fix website issues so you can be more successful during the remaining 10 months!