InMotion Hosting is looking for a WordPress Developer to join our team and assist with work on WordPress plugins, themes, and applications. At InMotion Hosting, we stand by our core values to Cultivate, Care, Improve, Thrill, and Have Fun. These values have helped us become a leader in web hosting and web design and we’ve been expanding our software products and Product Development team to help better serve our customers.
This role can be filled on a permanent remote basis or from our Virginia or Colorado office when we return onsite. InMotion Hosting is currently operating remotely as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain backlogs for WordPress based applications, themes, and/or plugins
- Assist in building software to optimize websites for users
- Develop and expand upon current API’s
- Gather specifications for applications through regular communication with stakeholders
- Write automated tests and perform regular regression testing for software applications
- Participate in code reviews to ensure adherence to standards and specifications
- Write and revise program documentation, operations documentation, and user guides
- Participate in the definition of functional and technical requirements for application software to develop skills and knowledge.
- Test application software with the end-users to assure accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
- Document testing and training results while analyzing reasons for failure
What You’ll Get:
- Profit-sharing twice yearly
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance
- 401k with matching contributions
- Reimbursement for tuition, certifications, or professional memberships
- Additional paid time off to volunteer in your community
- Opportunities for professional growth through career coaching, job shadowing, and company-wide training
- Corporate discounts
- Recognition for your years of service
- Wellness initiatives
And when onsite…
- Casual dress code
- Free weekly lunch and snacks
- Company parties and onsite events
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years experience developing software products
- Comprehensive knowledge of PHP
- Experience developing applications, themes, or plugins within WordPress
- A passion for the Linux, Apache, MySQL, & PHP (LAMP) development stack
- Knowledge of web service protocols such as SOAP, XML, REST, etc.
- Familiarity with common PHP design patterns and their implementation
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Virginia Beach, VA
- Denver, CO
You can see more information about our company culture and our current products and services by following these links:
The salary range for this position is $50,000+ and will be dependent on experience.