Click this Image to Circle us and join our hangout! Wednesdays 2pm-3pm PST Western Time.
This weeks coming topic is ‘How to Build Your Blog’ which is aimed at getting webmasters together to share advice, tips and opinions on how to launch and develop an audience for your blog.
- Which Blogging Platform do you use and why?
- See WordPress.com WordPress.org Drupal.com Joomla.com for installable CMS Platforms
- Which Industry are you blogging within?
- We have several people from the Technology Vertical, but also creatives blogging from their passion like Filmmaking. Be sure to make note of seasonal trends and weekly differences for your Industry, including down to the popular traffic hours.
- Any special tools you can’t live without for your blog?
- Jason recommends ‘Ninja Affiliate’ as a WordPress Plugin for affiliates. Here is a link to Special Themes and plugins for different industries.
- Favorite resource sites for themes, and design?
- Take a look at Anie’s suggestions here. Jason suggested RocketTheme.com and TemplateMonster.com
- Did you auto-install your blog, or set it up from scratch?
- I’ve used Auto-Installers Fantastico and Softaculous. If you have to do a manual install or migration then please check out our support center.
- How long before you saw good traffic to your blog?
- My experience has been 6 months, please tell me your story in the comments!
This hangout is not just for those starting from scratch, but also those who are willing to share their great experience to others that might be looking for some webmaster help.
Simply Hover over the event at the bottom of this post and add it to your calendar.
The event will go live both on Twitter using the #IMHhangout Hashtag and on Google. So you can listen in, join in on twitter even without jumping into the hangout if you’re too shy. We’ll push on ahead and you can interact with the show using either tweetchat.com here, we’ll be watching and sharing your voice to the rest of the audience so make sure you introduce yourselves.
Don’t forget to refresh our Google Plus Page to make sure you see or simply listen in on the hangout! Keep an eye on this blog page as details get added to see who’s joining in!
@InMotionHosting #IMHhangout will be hosted by @JulianaPayson.
Our team to welcome you and help you in the live chat are:
@AnieA203 – our in-house Graphic Designer,
@IMH_Affiliate – our Affiliate Manager
Here’s a sneak peak at the Hastracking report which shows that we had over 95,000 impressions on our first hangout!