Do you know that Linux System Administration doesn’t require a Start Button? Would you like to upgrade and surround yourself with like-minded people and leading edge hardware? How about the opportunity to work in multiple data centers, amongst 1000s of servers? Do you enjoy solving and troubleshooting complex issues that no one else can? Would you like to work with technical managers that are experts in the field?
Currently, we have an opening for a Systems Administrator to assist in system and network capacity planning and operations. This key player will also serve as an escalation point and mentor to junior system administrators.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Two-year degree in an IT related field or equivalent experience required
- 2-5 years of system administration experience with linux/unix required
- 5-7 years working with large/complex network required
- 3-5 years working with configuration management systems, ad-hoc command execution engines, and monitoring systems for 100+ systems required
- Experience using a higher level scripting language: Perl, Python, Ruby, etc. required
- Experience prioritizing and resolving escalations in a help desk environment.
- Expert technical troubleshooting ability and critical thinking skills, ability to continue to evaluate situations and react appropriately under stress required.
- Expert knowledge of UNIX/Linux and its commands/utilities as both a user and administrator;
- Expert level understanding of the “LAMP” stack (Linux, Apache, MySql, PHP/Perl), including but not limited to basic installation and configuration of services and applications
- Experience with web scripting and web applications, advanced skills troubleshooting with Bind, Apache, Mysql, PHP and Perl applications/scripts required.
- Expert knowledge of virtualization concepts and technologies
- Understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts; strong working knowledge of routing and switching and experience implementing large networks layer 2,3, familiarity routing protocols (BGP,IBGP, OSPF) and utilizing VLANs preferred.
Ready to Apply? Send resume to: [email protected]