Do you have a passion for working in a NOC environment with Linux servers?
InMotion Hosting is a growing web hosting company based in California with offices in Los Angeles and Virginia Beach, Virginia. We provide shared, VPS, and dedicated hosting to a wide variety of customers with growing network of 500+ Linux and a few Windows servers. We are seeking Linux Support Team Lead to guide a small team of junior systems administrators and assist in system monitoring, incident resolution, and data center operations.
What Will I Do?
- Lead a team committed to providing highly reliable service and strong technical expertise
- Mentor and develop team members
- Provide server maintenance including hardware upgrades and systems replacements in a data center environment
- Rack and cable servers
- Capacity planning, Hardware life-cycle, costs and inventory control
- Troubleshoot web applications and assist customers in selecting plans to match their needs
- Monitor systems and pro-actively resolve and/or escalate alerts and/or trouble tickets
- Meet shared quality and production standards for the systems group
- Participate in an on-call rotation
Do You Have What It Takes?
- Passion for Linux and data center operations, interested in career development
- 2-3 years managing or leading small teams of system administrators
- Good customer service skills and an honest desire to help people
- 1-2 years in a help desk environment or systems group, experience in web hosting or with hosting technologies a plus
- 1-2 years experience working in a data center environment for Linux servers
- Data center skills and experience in installing/moving equipment and cabling
- Strong technical troubleshooting ability and critical thinking skills
- Familiarity with the Linux/Unix commnd line and a desire to become an expert
- Confident in installing and configuring Linux/Unix (Centos/RHEL preferred)
- Previous experience installing and/or configuring Apache, PHP, Mysql (Sendmail, Exim, cPanel/WebHost manager, Java/Tomcat, Ruby on Rails are all excellent pluses)
- Experience developing/debugging/deploying simple and/or complex web applications
- Good understanding of DNS and basic network troubleshooting
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies like Xen, KVM, Virtuozzo/OpenVZ
To Apply: email coverletter and resume to Click Here to See Email Address