Was able to hide "index.php" from URL in Joomla, but links don't work
I selected "yes" for URL rewriting in global configuration (protostar). I changed "htacess.txt" to ".htacess". I was happy to see the "vanity" links -- the "index.php" was gone! But, only some links worked. Others did not. There is no rhyme or reason for which link has what outcome. They are all "article" links in the same menu. I pulled my hair for two days trying to figure it out on my own (and help from the Internets) before seeking your advice. Please, please and Thank you for your help! (Be specific if I need to add or rewrite code.) I'm at my wits' end.