- Open FileZilla
- Click on Edit from the top menu, then click on Network Configuration Manager.
If this is your first time configuring FileZilla's network settings you will be at the Firewall and route configuration wizard.
- Select Passive (recommended) and Allow fallback to other transfer mode on failire and click Next.
- On the Configure passive mode page select Use the server's external IP address instead and click Next.
- Select the Get external IP address from the following URL option, then you can leave the default of http://ip.filezilla-project.org/ip.php
- On the Configure port range page you can leave Ask operating system for a port selected, and click on Next.
- Finally on the Configuration test page, click on Test. If you don't receive any errors than you should be good to go.