You can scan your WordPress website for malware using the iThemes security plugin. This scan is run from your dashboard, and is powered by Sucuri SiteCheck which “checks for known malware, blacklisting status, website errors and out-of-date software.” This can help WordPress website users identify security risks or issues. We will now show you how to run a malware scan on your WordPress site from your dashboard.
Scanning your WordPress site for Malware
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard.
- Click the Security link in the navigation menu.
- You will then be on the iThemes Security page. Scroll down to the Malware Scan section, and click the Scan Homepage for Malware button. In my tests the button was half-way down the page on the right margin.
- Your site will then be scanned and the results will display in the Malware Scan section. Click the Show Details link to see more information on your scan results.
In my tests, the results looked similar to this:
- You can also view logs from previously run malware scans by going to Security, then Logs in the navigation menu. Click the Details link beside the malware scan you want to view the logs for.
Congratulations, now you know how to scan your WordPres site for malware with the iThemes Security plugin!