It’s easy to use WPForms to create a customer support form. For requesting support, there are a few things your form must have:
- Customer name
- Issue Category
We’ll show you how to create all of these using a standard contact form with added Dropdown list for the issue category.
Creating a Basic Form
First, we are going to creat a very basic form that will provide us with a field for the customer’s name and email. Then, we can add our Dropdown.
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard
- Select WPForms
- Click Add New
- Enter a name for the form (“Customer Support Request”, for example)
- Select Simple Contact Form under Select a Template
Now, we have a basic form that provides our critical data. But, we will need a way for the customer to file their request into a certain category. This can help give us more data on the volume one type of support is receiving compared to the others.
Add a Dropdown Selection
In these steps we’re going to create a dropdown list and populate it with options. This is a way of easily asking the customer: What kind of support do you require?
- Click and drag “Dropdown” from the left panel onto your form
- Click the title (“Dropdown”) to make changes
- Change the label and choices
- Click Save
Now, all you need to do is embed this form on your support page.
Be sure to leave any comments or questions you have. We always appreciate your feedback.